To set up SMTP via Gmail, follow the steps below.
- Go to Settings → Email settings, and check the Use SMTP to send email checkbox.
- In the form that appears, enter these details.
- SMTP host - smtp.gmail.com
- SMTP port - Use port 465 for SSL and 587 for TSL
- Enter the type of encryption being used.
- Enter the email and password of your gmail account.
- Select Yes for Authentication
Before proceeding, you have to allow access to your Google account to save these details. To do this, click here. (Login to your Google account if asked and then hit Continue)
After allowing access, hit the Send Test Email button.
You will get the result immediately. If its a success, click on Save Changes. If not, review your details and then test again.