a. Site List The sites you add will be listed here. You can point to a desired site to bring up the site-specific operations menu. This also houses the group management panel. We will get into the details in the next few sections.
b. Navigation This is the main navigation of the app. This is used to navigate to the various parts of the app to perform various operations
c. IWP Update Centre Here you can update your IWP admin panel If any updates are released.
d. Here you can view the installed addons / or you can update your addons if any new updates are released for any addons.
e. You can post your suggestion or new idea as a future request here. Based on the popularity of such requests we will consider implementing this in the future.
f. You can contact us if you have any questions or concerns by clicking here.
g. Reload Data To fetch real-time data from your WP sites, click on Reload Data. This will fetch all WP data including, available updates, backups etc. The Clear cache option will clear the WP cache from the sites and fetch fresh real time data to avoid any
problems due to cached data. The last time when the data was reloaded is also displayed here.
h. Settings All the settings, including your Account settings and app-related settings are housed here. To access them, click on the toothed wheel icon.
- Max simultaneous read/write requests per IP – Set the maximum number of simultaneous requests from the same IP.
- Max simultaneous requests from this server – Set the maximum number of simultaneous requests from the server where the admin panel is installed.
- Time delay between requests to websites on the same IP – Set the time delay (in milliseconds) between requests to websites on the same IP
- Automatically choose the best connection method – If this is checked, IWP will use fsock when available or switch to an alternative method automatically. If you want to disable fsock, uncheck this and check “Do not use fsock”.
- Reload data on page load – If this is checked, data from all your WP sites will be fetched every time the page is loaded.
- Send anonymous usage information to improve IWP – We collect non-personally identifiable usage stats from the panel. You can leave this checked if you would like to contribute to the improvement of IWP.
- Consider that the first 3 octets of IPs are from the same server You can check this if you have installed WordPress sites on same server.
- Auto-delete log date older than You can check this option to delete the IWP logs automatically.
- Change email – You can change your login email here. This is the same email to which update notifications will be sent.
- Change password – You can change the login password here.
- Email notification settings – You can set your preferences for sending update notifications via email here.
- IP-based account access – You can restrict access to the account only when accessing from certain IPs. To add an IP, type in the IP and click Add IP.
- HTTP authentication / Folder protection – When the admin panel is installed in a protected folder, you can enter the credentials here.
- TWO-FACTOR AUTHENTICATION You can enable Two Factor authentication for your IWP admin panel.
- HTTPS If you have configured SSL for your IWP admin panel then you can enable HTTPS here.
- Server cron Use the Cron command to set the cron job on your server where you have installed IWP admin panel.
- EasyCron You can activate your Easycron account here.
- TEMP DIRECTORY PERMISSION This directory will be used as a temporary directory while updating the panel and installing/updating the addons. Temp directory should be writable.
- UPLOADS DIRECTORY PERMISSION This directory will be used to store uploaded files and some files created by the panel. [IWP Admin Panel]/uploads is writable.
FILESYSTEM TYPE You can select file systems say Direct and FTP
If direct method is chosen, it will try to update using direct filesystem which is the default method of updating.
Your IWP Panel FTP credentials will be used for upgrades when the files can not be accessed directly
i. Tool Bar This persistent bar at the bottom is the tool bar. It provides quick and easy access to important functionality. Currently it has the ‘Add Website’ button and the Process queue.
j. Process Queue All operations you initiate will be queued here. Once you initiate an operation, say a backup of a site, you need not wait for it to get completed. You can continue working on other things and can check back on the status of the backup by clicking on the task.
- View site response – For failed operations, you can see the response from the WP site by clicking on the View site response link in the details panel.
- Send Report – If you need help on any failed operation, you can select the particular task and in the details panel, click on the Report Issue link and then click the ‘Send Issue Report’ button.
- View Activity Log – To see the log of past operations, click on this link to open the Activity Log. This can be accessed from the main navigation too.